Skip to main content

Perfect Day for Chores

Today has been gloomy and blustery, a perfect day to chip away at the list of chores. First on the list—laundry. Had we been at anchor this would not have been such a perfect day to dinghy across a choppy harbor with our bags of laundry. Since we are still in a marina, though, it was just a short walk down the dock to the laundry room. Breeze On is still the only boat in the marina and we had the laundry room to ourselves. Nevertheless, we still had a few challenges. Out of three loads of laundry, one washer did not completely spin the load, leading me to wring excess water out of the clothes as best I could. Then, one of the dryers took my token but wouldn’t start. I went to the office and asked for another token. The next dryer I tried wouldn’t start either so back to the office I go for another token. At least I got my steps in walking back and forth. I had divided the wet load between two dryers and, not surprisingly, they weren’t dry when the dryers stopped. At this point I asked George to go to the office and ask for more tokens. 

While the laundry was washing I made a coffee cake. Once the laundry was finally done we cleaned the cabin. Then George finished rigging the dinghy for Bahamas mode. 

We are feeling good about today’s accomplishments. 




Sunset from Green Turtle Cay. 



Comments

  1. How nice to have the marina to yourselves. Laundry is never fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, even with the challenges laundry is more fun here than at laundromats in the US.

      Delete

Post a Comment