Skip to main content

Hummus

A few days ago I made a batch of hummus. I have always loved hummus and didn’t know how easy it was to make until I tried it last summer. After I started the Zoe program I had to think about what I would eat for healthier snacks this winter. Hummus came to mind. I usually eat it with carrots, which I have always been able to find in the Bahamas. 

While we have been anchored here we have either snorkeled or gone for a hike each day. We have enjoyed being somewhere that allows us to get off of the boat even in windy conditions. Nevertheless, we have been here long enough and plan to leave tomorrow and head further north. 


The ingredients I use for hummus. At home I make it in a food processor, but that would take up too much room on the boat. Instead I use a bowl and an immersion blender. The lemon crystals work great instead of lemon juice. I also love the freeze dried garlic. 



Finished hummus. 



Another beautiful rainbow. 



Our hike yesterday took us through a section that was like a jungle. 

Comments

Post a Comment