Skip to main content

Hamburger Bean

Last night at happy hour, John from Sam the Skull, gave me a hamburger bean. He and his wife, Barbara, had been beachcombing on the ocean side and found them. They find all kinds of interesting things while beachcombing. I had heard of hamburger beans but this is the first one I have seen. I certainly understand how it earned the name. 
Yesterday morning a few of us did exercises in the shallow water off of the beach. Later in the day I cut Donna’s hair. I don’t have much experience and she must be very brave. I think it looks pretty good and she tells me she is happy with it. 
This morning George and I went ashore for a walk on the hiking trails. We attempted to take one trail over to the ocean-side beach and another trail back over the hill. We got a bit lost and I jammed my leg on a jagged stump. I think we won’t be trying that again. 
We still have very strong trade winds so we pull the dinghy out of the water every evening. It is a two-step process since we have to take the motor off first. We have had so much recent practice that we are getting quite good at it. Hog Cay is a good place to be during these strong easterly trade winds. There is good protection, good holding and not much chop so we can easily dinghy to shore.

Hamburger bean



Ocean-side beach

Comments

  1. Just love reading about all of your adventures and love all of the pictures. It has been very mild here..was 64 degrees when I got up this morning. Our roses have not stopped blooming. Take care. Sabrenia and Craig

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment