Skip to main content

Docking, revisited

Since our disastrous docking experience last month we have: taken docking lessons, moved the boat to a more protected marina and continued to practice maneuvers. I guess it has paid off because my husband received a wonderful compliment when he was at the boat yesterday. Jimmy, a young man we presume to be the son of the marina's owner, came by and took a tour of Breeze On. While he was there he said something like, "your wife is killing it at docking." I can't tell you how much that meant to me. It is one thing to feel a little more comfortable with docking and another for my husband and I to congratulate each other for a job well done. But, to have someone we don't even know offer an unsolicited compliment, well, that feels really good.

(At this point I am knocking on wood because I don't want to jinx the progress we have made.)

Comments

  1. We knew you could do it!
    Steve and Barb :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Steve and Barb, for your support. And thanks for helping us move the boat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment