Friday, November 24, 2017

Hat Repair

Yesterday George noticed that there was a rip in my sailing hat. He suggested that I could cover it with a patch.  I thought that was a good idea.  While we were walking around Hope Town we stopped in a gift store and spent $8.00 (gulp) on a patch. This morning I got my sewing machine out and sewed the patch on the hat. When I looked in the mirror to check the results I noticed a small dark spot near the patch. I wiped it with my finger and the spot got bigger. It was another hole! I attempted to zigzag the new hole with the sewing machine but it just kept tearing. The old hat has given up the ghost. Well, as my mother would say, it doesn’t owe me anything. I really like the wide front brim and the neck covering in the back. Oh well, I can replace it after we get home. 
While I was attempting to repair my hat George was transferring diesel from a jerry can into the fuel tank. After that we dinghied over to the marina and filled the jerry can. We went into the marina store and found an anchor to replace the one that was lost yesterday. A 2 lb. anchor cost $49.00 (double gulp). Well, at least we are supporting the local economy. 
This afternoon we went ashore to take a walk on the beach. On the way back we stopped by a boat from St. Michaels, MD. We had a nice chat with Shirley and compared notes about our passages to the Bahamas. Turns out they often bring their beautiful boat to Yacht Maintenance, across from where we live. Small world.



No comments:

Post a Comment