Skip to main content

Heeling on the Choptank

Earlier this week we took Breeze On out for two nights at anchorages on the Choptank River. The weather was delightful; sunny and cool with low humidity. We spent the first night at an anchorage on Broad Creek and the second on the Tred Avon River. By the time we came home it was quite windy and gusty but George had a grand time sailing. While we are at home we try to take Breeze On out at least once a week and occasionally go out to spend at least one night at anchor. On Memorial Day weekend we joined a few other cruisers from our yacht club for a rendezvous at nearby Trappe Creek. 
Otherwise we have been busy working on various projects. I have been sewing, alternating between sewing for the boat and sewing clothes for myself. I am quite happy with how my slipcovers for the saloon cushions turned out. You may recall that the sunscreen we wear stains the leather cushions a very unattractive shade of orange. George was able to refinish the leather last year but we also wanted to protect it from getting stained. I purchased fabric for the slipcovers in the Spring in Vero Beach and covered only the cushions that get the most use. I have several more projects on my list that will keep me busy for the rest of the summer. 

George having a great time the helm. We were heeling a bit too much so we rolled the jib shortly after this photo was taken. 

Trappe Creek On Memorial Day weekend. Wall-to-wall boats on the beach. 

New slipcovers



Comments