Skip to main content

My Blue Mind

We returned to Maryland and Breeze On last week after spending a month in Florida helping my mom. Since we returned and started sailing again I have been thinking about a new book called Blue Mind: The Surprising Science That Shows How Being Near, In or Under Water Can Make You Happier, Healthier, More Connected, and Better at What You Do. Hmmm, makes sense to me! Maybe that explains why we love being on the water so much and why we missed it so much this past month. I love it when my subjective experiences are backed up by science. I just purchased the e-book and look forward to reading it soon.

This past week we took a one-night cruise to Plain Dealing Creek off of the Tred Avon River. I felt a bit rusty on the helm but everything went well. The weather is so much cooler now than it was when we left in mid-August so we decided not to go for our usual swim.

Shortly after we dropped the anchor George told me to look at what was coming up the creek toward us. I looked up and saw this.

 

It was a 104 foot mega yacht that docked at a nearby house.

 

Quite a sight!

Later, we watched yet another beautiful sunset. I hope I never take these for granted.

 

We came home for one night to reprovision and then took Breeze On out for a two night cruise with our friends, Doug and Laura. It is the first time we have had guests overnight and it all went very well. We relaxed, played Mexican Train and had lots of laughs. One of my favorite parts was when we all laid on the deck one night and looked up at the stars. My vision has been deteriorating the past few years so it turns out that I don't see nearly as many stars as everyone else. I am definitely going to have to get my vision checked!

LaTrappe Creek
Doug at the helm George on navigation

 

Phillips Creek
Laura relaxing in the cockpit

We returned to Cambridge in time to watch competitors crossing the finish during Cambridge's first Ironman competition. We fell asleep listening to the announcer's voice still shouting, "______. YOU. ARE. AN IRONMAN!!!"

 

Comments

  1. Glad to see you all back to Breeze On, enjoying all 40' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Công ty vận chuyển hàng nước ngoài FadoExpress hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi úcgửi hàng đi đài loan và dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh đi hàn quốc uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment