Skip to main content

Leaving Tomorrow

Our plan is to leave Cape Charles late tomorrow morning and sail about 50 hours to Cape Fear, NC. It will be a brisk and bumpy ride. Not exactly the best conditions but the best we will get for quite a while. 
Yesterday was a nice, sunny day so we walked around town and did a little bit of shopping. I was in the market for a pair of flip flops since I had left my flip flops and shower bag at home. I wear the flip flops when I shower at marinas. I made the shower bags before we left for the Bahamas two years ago and we have both really appreciated them. I made them with three compartments for shampoo, soap etc., towels and clothes. I also put pockets on the ends for our flip flops. I had been using my shower bag for an exercise class in the pool at the YMCA at home, which is why it was in our condo and not on the boat. I didn’t even think about it while we were packing. I happened to have some Phifertex fabric on board so I made another bag for myself yesterday.  I looked around the shops for flip flops even though it is no longer the season for them here. I had just about given up when I decided to go back to a very old, well-stocked hardware store and ask about them. As we entered the store I spotted a basket of flip flops on the floor. The largest size was 2 sizes too small but I could get my feet into them so they will do. I was very happy with my find.  After we finished shopping we stopped at Cape Charles Coffee Shop and Restaurant for a late lunch/early supper.  We each had a delicious soup and sandwich as well as a nice conversation with the couple at the next table.  I just want to mention that Cape Charles is absolutely adorable and the people here are so friendly.
Today was quite dreary and it rained off and on throughout the day. We started out for a walk in the late morning but ducked into the library for a bit after it started to rain again. We plan to eat dinner at The Shanty, a good restaurant right here at the marina.  Then we will finish getting ready for the next leg of our trip. 





Comments