Saturday, June 24, 2017

Bimini Window

Another recent sewing project involved repairing and adjusting the bimini. I shortened the zippers for the side enclosure panels so they could be attached inside the bimini supports. The panels are now much easier to put up and take down. I repaired a small tear in the bimini. 
Finally, I installed a window in the bimini so that we can see the main sail. I also made a cover for the window that attaches with Velcro on all four sides.  George had the brilliant idea to add 2 short pieces of Velcro on the other side of the cover so that it can also be rolled up.  The window had to be located in the center because of the solar panels. It is not ideal, but it is better than nothing!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment