Monday, February 20, 2017


One of my personal goals for this trip was to practice being flexible. I think I am doing pretty well. Our plans for this week after Oven Rock included: Little Bay on Sunday, Black Point on Monday and Staniel Cay on Tuesday. As we were sailing from Oven Rock on Sunday we decided to bypass Little Bay and go right to Black Point where we hoped we would have better protection from the south wind. We planned to spend two nights in Black Point, doing laundry Monday morning and attending a happy hour in the evening. This morning Chris Parker, weather guru, mentioned the possibility of 50 knot SW winds late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning. There are even fewer places here to hide from winds that have any western component than in other parts of the Bahamas. So decided to leave Black point after finishing the laundry and head to Staniel Cay early. I was hoping to eat dinner at Staniel Cay Yacht Club and then snorkel at Thunderball Grotto and visit Sandy Cay on Tuesday. As we
were approaching Staniel Cay George wondered aloud if we would be better off skipping Staniel Cay and going right to Cambridge Cay where we could secure a mooring ball and wait for the bad weather. I agreed and that is where we are right now. George has thanked me profusely for being so flexible and willing to give up opportunities to socialize.

No comments:

Post a Comment