Skip to main content

Topping Off the Tank

We moved Breeze On to an anchorage closer to town but much less protected from wind and chop. After the chop seemed to have died down a little this afternoon we took the dinghy in to town to run a few errands. One of the errands was to buy some diesel. We took our two jerry cans and headed for the nearby yacht club pumps. A woman ran up to us and said, "my boyfriend wants me tell you to buy the gas at the Shell station instead of the yacht club. It is much cheaper." Then he tried to convey, in broken English, the difference in prices. We thanked them, walked back to the dinghy and motored over to the Shell station's sad dinghy dock. I stayed with the dinghy since I didn't think I could make that big step. After a very wet dinghy ride back we rinsed our salty selves and clothes. Then I made my favorite afternoon boat drink, a packet of True Grapefruit crystals, a tablespoon of agave syrup and seltzer. Yum. George likes his with rum.

Comments