Skip to main content

Our Life at Anchor

Today's post is written by George. I am actually stealing it from the daily log that he has been keeping.


We walked the beach as far as hole #2 today. It was the most walking we've done in a while - probably since the Abacos. And the wet sand made it even harder going. We will probably feel it tomorrow. When we returned to Hamburger Beach we took a quick dip, then returned to Breeze On to clean up. After lunch & a short nap, I took the joker valve apart in the forward head. Waste had been seeping back into the bowl, usually a sign that the joker valve is shot. Since I just replaced it, I hope that is not the case. I cleaned the valve out & it seemed to hold water when I tested it out of place. I reinstalled it & we will see if that solves the issue ( hope so, or I'll be changing the valve again & I did not bring enough spares to change it weekly!)

On a positive note, the batteries are charged to 13.5 - 13.6 today! Yeah. I've been putting the boom out early to catch all the sun possible on both sides. We are only running the drawer fridge which has an impact, too. The other fridge frosted up pretty quickly & that reduces efficiency. I did check the fan (working) & reposition the fan output away from the compressor to help the next time we run the fridge (hopefully).

Comments

  1. How Many watts of solar power do you have?
    Jim
    S/V BlownAway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, we have 400 watts of solar power. 4 100-watt semi-flexible panels on our bimini.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment