Skip to main content

A Lovely Afternoon

Last year I was asked to participate on a committee to plan the 30th anniversary celebration of our local YMCA. George and I go to the Y to exercise three times a week when we are in town. I felt obligated to help but planning any kind of event is definitely not one of my skills. I ended up being only peripherally involved. During one meeting, while we were discussing potential auction items, I had the idea that we could offer a day sail on Breeze On. I texted George to ask if he would be okay with that and he agreed. The CEO of the Y loved the idea and said it should be a live auction item instead of silent auction. The night of the event I was really nervous that no one would bid. The bidding was lively and a friend of mine, Cheryl, had the winning bid.

This past Sunday we took Cheryl, her daughter Carey, and grandchildren, Leila and Graham out for an afternoon of sailing on Breeze On. It was a beautiful, but cool day. We had a lovely time. The entire family is delightful. George and I were both impressed by how polite, friendly, fun, engaged and mature Graham and Leila are. Everyone took a turn at the helm and did a beautiful job. They all even tacked the boat. Leila learned how to sail last summer and she is a natural. We will be happy to have them back in Breeze On any time.

Carey and Cheryl

 

Leila and George

 

George and Graham

 

Graham at the helm

 

Cheryl at the helm
Cheryl and Graham

 

Leila and Graham

 

Comments