Skip to main content

Organizing on a boat

I like to be organized. I like to put things where they belong so I don't have to spend time looking for them. (I know what you are thinking...can you spell OCD?)

Being organized is a bit of a challenge on a boat since the storage spaces are limited and often odd-shaped. Before we started sailing Breeze On I took measurements of all of the storage areas and purchased some storage units that would fit. I found that my things still weren't very organized because they would shift when we sailed.

I recently had the thought that I could custom make my own flexible storage units to fit the odd shaped spaces on our boat. I found some instructions on Pinterest to make my own vinyl boxes.
I used lightweight vinyl that I purchased from Joanne Fabrics, measured my storage spaces and the I wanted to store. I cut the pieces of vinyl and sewed them together. I was happy with the results.
Next up, larger storage boxes to use for my clothes.
 
Next season we will see if these vinyl boxes help to keep things a bit more organized on Breeze On and keep my OCD part happy.
 
 

 

 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Great winter project. Hapy New Year. Love, Steve and Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. Great winter project. Hapy New Year. Love, Steve and Barb

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment