Skip to main content

Why a Blog?

Until very recently I was not a fan of blogs. Friends would ask me to follow their blogs. I would have very good intentions and really wanted to support them, but I just didn't want to read blogs. I would much rather read the newspaper, or a book. Then I discovered sailing blogs. I became obsessed with reading sailing blogs. There are A LOT of blogs written by cruising sailors. Who knew? I especially enjoy reading about people who are very early in their cruising experiences. I will read the blogs from beginning to end, as if it were books. I learn from them and relate to them. Sailors love talking about boats and it feels as if I am in the company of fellow sailors when I read the blogs. I started by reading a blog suggested by my husband. He thought the author of the blog, Skipperette's Log, sounded a lot like me in her struggles with downsizing the contents of her house. I moved on to Zero to Cruising about a couple who had no sailing experience but decided to move onto a boat and live in the Caribbean. Then I found The Retirement Project. It is about a couple who developed a plan for early retirement that involved buying a boat, learning to sail and becoming live aboard cruisers within 5 years. I now follow about 20 blogs and can barely keep up. I learn from each one and hope that maybe my blog might help someone else someday. In the meantime I am enjoying recording my thoughts.

 

Comments